What is the best, healthiest bottled water?
What is the best, healthiest bottled water? Is it Evian, Smart Water, Perrier, Propel Fitness, Poland? Or is it Essentia? Dassani? Voss?
In an analysis of virtually all bottled water brand products, almost every single bottled water brand tested with an acidic – even brands claiming to be alkaline in pH. So, why are we considering the acidity level of bottled water when testing the value of various bottled waters? Read on below to find out why the pH level of your water matters so much, and which water brand makes the cut.
First and foremost, the main method that bottled water companies use to purify water, with the exception of just a very few, is to use extreme filtration and ozonation to treat the water prior to bottling it, neither of which make the water healthier and is NOT better than what your local water company does at all. These extreme measures of filtration also tend to make the water acidic.
Why bottled water, including Reverse Osmosis Water, is not as healthy as you think:
- Extreme Filtration: The majority of the bottled water companies use extreme filtration [ion-exchange, demineralization, reverse osmosis, distillation, deionization or any combination of these]. Regardless of the source, wells, springs, rivers, lakes, and municipal water supplies, when you use extreme filtration it is proven over and over that you create dead-water (what water is living water?). Dead water is void of all healthy minerals, similar to acid rain. It’s called dead water because of the death of tissues, cells and life caused by this type of water. It takes a while for acidic rain-water to soak into the ground, trickle through layers of calcium and other rock and in the process calcium, magnesium, potassium and other healthy minerals dissolve into it. Then with one foul swoop these bottling companies “treat” the water by removing everything from it, including all of the healthy minerals.
- The disinfection of bottled water usually includes ozonation. The process of ozonation is basically infusing the water with oxygen [which is another way of saying oxidizing it]. Oxidizing is the opposite to anti-oxidants (which water is naturally abundant in anti-oxidants?). Oxidization of bottled water is used to kill germs, but creates complications by adding too many free-radicals – more than what is healthy for the body.
- Safety of bottled water vs tap water: The result is that most brands of bottled water are void of healthy minerals, have no electrolytes, and are acidic. An extra problem is that water wants minerals in it and it will dissolve more minerals as soon as it can. It will absorb acidic minerals from the air and alkaline minerals from your bones, joints and muscles in order to fill the void created by stripping the water of its minerals. When you consume a lot of extremely purified water it will rob your body of its healthy, essential minerals as you drink. Not good. (Looking for water that will help re-mineralize your body instead of robbing it? Click here).
- A study done by the American Dental Hygienists’ Association, was conducted for the purpose of educating patients on the dangers of dental erosion and tooth decay which is caused by over consumption of acidic foods and beverages. Most of the bottled water they tested had a more acidic pH when tested in the lab than the value listed in their water quality reports.
TESTING OF 20 DIFFERENT BOTTLED WATER BRANDS:
In testing over 20+ different brands of bottled water, it’s found that almost all bottled water is actually inferior to filtered tap water, and in particular when testing the water’s pH.
PH OF BOTTLED WATER BRANDS (including “high-quality” bottled water) – THE RESULTS:
The following brands of bottled water are shown here in this comparison chart with their pH-levels and water source/treatment notes in order from worst to best:
Vitaminwater 3.4 pH (ACIDIC)
Propel Zero 3.5 pH (ACIDIC)
Propel Fitness Water 3.36 pH (ACIDIC)
Penta 4.0 pH (ACIDIC)
Dasani 4.5 pH (ACIDIC)
Function 5.0 pH (ACIDIC)
Perrier 5.5 pH (ACIDIC)
Poland Spring 5.8 pH (ACIDIC)
Voss 6.0 pH (ACIDIC)
Ice Mountain 6.0 pH (ACIDIC)
Crystal Geyser 6.0 pH (ACIDIC)
Deer Park 6.3 pH (ACIDIC)
Smart Water 6.5 pH (ACIDIC)
Great Value Walmart 6.5 pH (ACIDIC)
Gerber Pure Water 6.5 pH (ACIDIC)
Arrowhead 6.83 pH (ACIDIC)
Evian 7.0 pH (NEUTRAL)
Eternal 7.0 pH (NEUTRAL)
Volvic 7.0 pH (NEUTRAL)
Zephyrhills 7.5 pH (NEUTRAL)
Absopure 7.5 pH (NEUTRAL)
Fiji 7.5 pH (NEUTRAL)
Super Chill 7.5 pH (NEUTRAL)
Evamor 8.0 pH (LOW ALKALINE)
Real Water 8.0 pH (LOW ALKALINE)
Essentia 9.0 pH (MEDIUM ALKALINE – REVERSE OSMOSIS)
Enagic Kangen Water (Living water) 9.5 pH with ORP ANTI-OXIDANT LEVEL OF -550 to -1200! (HIGH ALKALINE, NATURALLY IONIZED, NATURALLY ANTI-OIDANT RICH) – Kangen Water is produced from a filter that hooks up to your sink faucet and allows you to make an endless supply of naturally ionized, alkaline, anti-oxidant water.
The pH-levels of several locations where the tap water has been tested is shown below to compare.
DO BOTTLING COMPANIES REALLY FILTER THE WATER BETTER THAN YOUR MUNICIPAL WATER COMPANY?
The answer is, simply, NO. Municipal water companies do a pretty good job of filtering the water, and their quality of filtration is highly regulated. They do add chemicals, such as chlorine, to treat your water, but these can be filtered out if you have a high-quality water filter (like Enagic’s LeveLuk SD501 Alkaline Kangen Water Ionizer which both removes harmful byproducts from your water and also naturally ionizes it to create alkaline, high-anti-oxidant water… it’s no wonder that Obama and his cardiologist both drink Enagic’s Kangen Water!). The water lines going from the water company all the way to your tap are also regulated, by municipal codes.
Considering this, the very best recommendation is to invest in a high-quality kitchen sink water filter (in particular a medical grade water filter and ionizer like this one) that will safely and effectively remove chlorine, chloramine, fluoride, etc., and ionize the water so that it is abundant in anti-oxidants and more readily absorbable by your body and cells (this is why athletes and top celebrity fitness trainers swear by using ionized water filters, in particular Japanese Enagic ionizers, to help improve athletic performance and overall and health as the structure of ionized water is so small that it is able to be absorbed on a cellular level, providing supreme hydration at an incredibly fast rate… this means no water sloshing around in your stomach!). Among all filtering devices, Enagic’s Kangen Water LeveLuk SD501 Ionizer is the most reliable, effective, and trusted brand for producing high quality, pure alkaline water. Also incredibly simple to assemble, it just attaches to your sink faucet and produces water at the push of a button. See this report to learn more about the health benefits of Enagic’s Alkaline Anti-oxidant Kangen Water and why even Obama’s cardiologist endorses it.
Price wise, using an Enagic Kangen Water Filter in your kitchen will save you over $5,600 a year compared to buying bottled water:
Bottled water costs compared to using a high-quality Kangen Water Ionizer in your kitchen:
Enagic Kangen Water filters are built to last a lifetime and are even used as registered medical devices in Japan’s top hospitals due to the medical-grade materials (all made in Japan, including the box!) that Enagic uses when creating their machines. This ensures the most pure, non-toxic, and reliable water supply straight from your tap. Most other filters and ionizers on the market are usually made with lower quality materials that could potentially leak chemicals into the water as it is being produced. So when it comes to health and budget, going for a high-quality Enagic Kangen Water that is sold by an official, reputable distributor (and not off eBay!) is worth the investment.
SUMMARY OF FACTS ON BOTTLED WATER BRANDS AND HIGH-GRADE WATER FILTERS:
- All brands of bottled water are a lot more expensive than if you filtered the water properly yourself using a high-grade water ionizer.
- Bottled water is often acidic.
- Bottled water brands are not regulated for water quality safety as well as municipalities are for your tap water.
- Environmentally, consuming bottled water is hazardous as we are filling the landfills with empty bottles and we are not able to properly recycle all recycled plastics.
- The bottles of bottled water are made with petroleum which is a chemical that leaches into the water.
- Even with the best “high-quality” alkaline bottled water brands, by the time they get to you they won’t be even close to what they’ve advertised as any more.
- It is far healthier, more environmentally responsbile, and budget-conscious to install a high-grade water ionizer in your kitchen, which assembles easily to your sink faucet and produces an unlimited supply of naturally alkaline, ionized, high anti-oxidant water at the push of a button! Enagic’s LeveLuk Kangen Alkaline Water Ionizer Filter is the most reputable brand in its industry, is made of materials that are 100% made in Japan, is registered as a medical device in Japan’s top hospitals, and has been the leading developer of alkaline water ionizers in Japan for 40+ years. Enagic is trusted and endorsed by hundreds of healthcare professionals even including Obama’s cardiologist.. it is no wonder that Bill Gates just installed 10 Enagic Kangen Alkaline Water ionizers in his newly built home!
To buy an Enagic LeveLuk Alkaline, Anti-oxidant Kangen Water Filter from a reputable, official Enagic distriubtor, click here.